It’s been a while since I’ve written consistently here at Taking Thoughts Captive. After my last few posts I deliberately took some time off from writing to figure out how to implement some of the ideas I’ve been writing about at simply, Christian. I considered many things, including:
- not blogging anymore at all…let’s be honest, it takes a lot of time and effort
- switching to a Tumblr blog to force me to focus on more concise posts
- changing exclusively to a photoblog…as a visual person a picture is worth many, many words
None of those ideas really sat well with me. I like to write. I like to interact. I like to share my ideas with others. At the same time, part of simple Christian living means making good on my desire to cut back on the time I spend online–both reading and writing–in order to spend more time with family, more time focusing on others, more time changing the world, etc.
With these ideas in mind, here is how I plan to implement those ideas…here is what you can expect as I continue to write here:
- more links to others’ blogs…there are a lot of GREAT writers out there, no sense reinventing the wheel here
- more links to causes…I’ve been remiss lately in pointing us to how/where we can make a real difference
- more ‘simple thoughts’…well-worded, concise quotes that speak volumes beyond their word counts
- more photos…as they speak for themselves
- fewer book reviews…plenty of folks are writing plenty of reviews and, honestly, it’s gotten to be a chore
If it looks like the same focus I’m trying to implement at simply, Christian, you’re right. I hope you’ll like my new focus. Of course, if you don’t, you’re free to move along.